Proofreading means examining your text carefully to find and correct typographical errors and mistakes in grammar, style, and spelling.
Education & Training Requirements:
1. High School Diploma Required
2. Bachelor of Arts Desired (English, Journalism or Communications)
3. Must have basic editing and proof-reading experience
4. Microsoft Word and Excel experience needed (beginning to intermediate level)
1. Review word documents prior to online publication.
2. Report all issues found.
3. Enter updated installation information into the CMS system. Adjust images as needed.
1. Must be detail oriented and able to accurately proof-read and edit materials provided.
2. Must be able to handle multiple projects and meet scheduled deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
3. Must be familiar with standard writing styles (AP Styles) and proof marks.
4. Must have strong communication skills with the ability to work both independently and as a team.
5. Microsoft Word and Excel experience needed (beginning to intermediate level).
6. Journalism experience a plus.
1. Good interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
2. Work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
3. Ability to adapt to adversity in a higher pressure environment.
4. Effectively communicate and work with all levels of staff and management.
5. Accuracy and attention to detail, with strong follow-through skills.
6. Good problem solving skills.
7. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
8. Good organizational skills.
9. Able to work flexible hours to include holidays, weekends and nights and maintain satisfactory attendance.